No prior lymphedema certification is required!
This lecture is part of our online Home Study for the Lymphedema Therapy Certification course – if you’re a graduate of our certification, this lecture will be review for you.
The Anatomy and Physiology of the Lymphatic System online lesson provides essential information about the structures and functions of the lymphatic system. Your host, Guenter Klose, presents the information in a most comprehensible fashion.
Course Format: Online/Distance Learning
AOTA Classification: Category 3, Topic – Contemporary Issues and Trends
- Anatomy of the lymphatic system
- Physiology of the lymphatic system
- Pathophysiology of the lymphatic system
- Factors that lead to edema/lymphedema formation
- Understand the anatomy of the lymphatic system
- Understand the physiology and pathophysiology of the lymphatic system
- Gain knowledge of the factors leading to edema/lymphedema formation
MLD/CDT Certified Instructor
Note: Persons without a medical background who are interested in learning about the anatomy and physiology of the lymphatic system are also invited to register for this online course, but will not receive continuing education hours/credits.
To receive a Certificate of Completion, the student must be a licensed health care professional and watch all video portions of the course, pass two online quizzes with a score of 80% or better, and return the required documents specified in the course. The Certificate will then be emailed to the student.