Klose Training is your best choice because of its long-standing experience in lymphedema education and the expertise of its founder, Guenter Klose, Executive Director.
- Guenter is the only Certified MLD/CDT Instructor teaching in the U.S. and has been training therapists in lymphedema therapy since 1986. Guenter visits every course to lecture and meet his students.
- Klose Training is the only continuing education school with a current and long-standing working relationship with the world-renowned Foeldi Clinic and Foeldi School in Hinterzarten, Germany.
- We are the only school to offer lectures on diagnosis and differential diagnosis of lymphedema by a physician specializing in lymphedema – our Medical Director, Kathleen Francis, MD.
- Guenter and the experienced faculty of Klose Training have access to the most progressive and creative lymphedema therapists and physicians in the world. We employ our national and international experiences to keep abreast of the constant changes in the industry.
- Our curriculum is research-based and always up-to-date.
- We provide the most comprehensive assortment of teaching materials and lymphedema garment samples to each student at no extra charge.
- We are approved for CEUs for Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, and Massage Therapists.
- Our 9 day lymphedema certification course is currently the most cost-effective course available.
135 hours: 45 hours of online home study and 90 hours (9 days) of classroom instruction. See the course description on this website.
No. The course curriculum is divided into three sections composed of one 45-hour home study (HS) module and two 45-hour upper extremity (UE) and lower extremity (LE) sections. If you would prefer not to commit to the 9-day course, you may opt to become UE lymphedema certified in 4½ days. However, completion of the HS module is required for either option and must be completed prior to the start of the in-classroom portion of the courses.
Our courses have been approved for physical, occupational, and massage therapy continuing education. Please visit our CEU approval page for profession- and state-specific information. Additionally, our Lymphedema Certification Course meets the eligibility criteria to sit for the National Lymphedema Certification (LANA) exam.
Yes. Physical Therapists and Occupational Therapists can bill for reimbursement by using standard CPT codes as appropriate for the services rendered. Nurses and Massage Therapists are usually precluded from using CPT (billing) codes and receiving reimbursement. However, some private insurance companies may make an exception.
Click on the following link — ICD-10-CM Expansions of Lymphedema Diagnostic Codes — to read a short article about the new coding system and how it affects your billing and/or reimbursement.
Please feel free to contact our office for more information if you are interested in hosting a course at your facility. Sincere consideration is given to every inquiry and classes are scheduled according to availability.