Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) Certification
This fantastic 6-day MLD certification course is based on the techniques developed by Dr. Emil Vodder, Ph.D., MT. When skillfully applied, this therapeutic form of soft-tissue mobilization dramatically enhances lymph formation and promotes drainage within the superficial and deep systems of the lymph vascular network. During this course, students will be instructed in anatomy and physiology of the lymphatic system. Basic MLD treatment sequences as well as MLD treatment sequences for mild, medically-uncomplicated upper and lower extremity lymphedema will be demonstrated and practiced. Each day will be divided into two sections: theoretical and hands-on application.
- Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the anatomy and the relevant scientific terminology related to the lymphatic system.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the differentiation between the normal and diseased states of the lymphatic system (physiology and pathophysiology of the lymphatic system).
- Demonstrate an understanding of the indications and contraindications related to the use of MLD.
- Competently perform the techniques of MLD for all body areas.
- Develop appropriate treatment strategies for indications such as post-surgical edema, post-traumatic edema, fibromyalgia, general detoxification and other conditions.
- Competently perform MLD on clients after breast surgery for cancer (clients who are at risk of developing lymphedema).
- Competently perform MLD on clients with mild, medically-uncomplicated primary or secondary lymphedema.
Klose Training & Consulting, LLC is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider. #406050-00.
If you have any questions about the Manual Lymph Drainage course or need assistance with registering at a specific course location, please contact Wendy at Klose Training by emailing email@example.com.
August 11 – 16, 2014 ♦ Little Rock, Arkansas: This course is hosted by and held at CARTI. To register for this particular course, please contact Johnnie Minor at 501-350-5120 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
August 17 – 22, 2014 ♦ Raleigh, North Carolina: This course is hosted by and held at The Medical Arts School. To register, please contact Deanna Graves at 919-872-6386 ext. 315 or email email@example.com.
August 18 – 23, 2014 ♦ Boston (Worcester), Massachusetts: This course is hosted by and held at the Bancroft School of Massage Therapy. To register, please contact Greg Hurd at 508-757-7923 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 22 – 27, 2014 ♦ Birmingham, Alabama: This course is hosted by and held at Embody Practice Center. To register, please contact Wendy at 303-245-0333 or email email@example.com.
October 6 – 11, 2014 ♦ Tucson, Arizona: This course is hosted by and held at the Cortiva Institute – Tucson. To register, please contact Melissa Laborin at 520-407-5160 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
November 3 – 8, 2014 ♦ Boulder, Colorado: This course is hosted by Klose Training and being held at the Best Western Plus – Boulder Inn. To register, please contact Wendy at 303-245-0333 or email email@example.com.
December 8 – 13, 2014 ♦ Davis, California: This course is hosted by and held at the Massage Therapy Institute. To register, please contact Julie Reynolds at 530-753-4428 or email Julie@mtidavis.com.